At World’s End
we feel it at our backs:
the past behind us,
our future before us.
Having given ourselves
not to follow the tide,
“rage against the dying of the light”.
We’ve been on a Pirates of the Caribbean kick all month – curious with the big Harry Potter debut in 10 days – but this is where we are now:
In response to Word-High July: 30 Beautiful Filipino Words
“Much like the colors of the skies, every language is beautiful in its own way—the way they sound and how each word fits perfectly in a poem, a story, or a musical piece. And sometimes we find ourselves wishing how delightful it would be if we could learn those languages by heart and use them in our craft.
That is why Maria of Doodles and Scribbles and Rosema of A Reading Writer have invited you to join their July blog event, Word-High July. They have teamed up to give you a whole month worth of prompts and since we are both #ProudlyPinay, these 30 beautiful Filipino words below will serve as the prompt for each day of the month.
Disclaimer: These words and these photos are from a lovely article by BuzzFeed titled “36 Of The Most Beautiful Words In The Philippine Language”. All credits goes to them.”
…and the rules…
“Here are the five easy steps to join Word-High July:
- Write or create a post inspired or about the Filipino word prompts.
- A post can be anything. A poem, a fiction, a six-word tale, or even a photo. It’s all up to you.
- Linkback/create a pingback to this post. Here is a quick tutorial on how to do it.
- Tag your post with WordHighJuly, so your co-bloggers will be able to read/see your take on the prompt. Here’s how you create tags.
- Most important of all, read and comment to your blogger friends (old and new found, we’ll never know).
Come join Maria and Rosema in appreciating the beauty of the Filipino language.
Let the #WordHighJuly commence! “