After all these years, we’re still together
Past the getting-to-know-you, Past the sharing of lives
Past the arguing, Past the division
Seeing the long road, giving each other grace and space
We’ll be that old couple, holding hands, melting into one another
Even after all these years
I adore you ❤
I have *extreme fondness* for my husband, and to him I dedicate one of our wedding songs, by the great Van Morrison (& extreme fondness for this song!):
In response to Word-High July: 30 Beautiful Filipino Words
“Much like the colors of the skies, every language is beautiful in its own way—the way they sound and how each word fits perfectly in a poem, a story, or a musical piece. And sometimes we find ourselves wishing how delightful it would be if we could learn those languages by heart and use them in our craft.
That is why Maria of Doodles and Scribbles and Rosema of A Reading Writer have invited you to join their July blog event, Word-High July. They have teamed up to give you a whole month worth of prompts and since we are both #ProudlyPinay, these 30 beautiful Filipino words below will serve as the prompt for each day of the month.
Disclaimer: These words and these photos are from a lovely article by BuzzFeed titled “36 Of The Most Beautiful Words In The Philippine Language”. All credits goes to them.”
…and the rules…
“Here are the five easy steps to join Word-High July:
- Write or create a post inspired or about the Filipino word prompts.
- A post can be anything. A poem, a fiction, a six-word tale, or even a photo. It’s all up to you.
- Linkback/create a pingback to this post. Here is a quick tutorial on how to do it.
- Tag your post with WordHighJuly, so your co-bloggers will be able to read/see your take on the prompt. Here’s how you create tags.
- Most important of all, read and comment to your blogger friends (old and new found, we’ll never know).
Come join Maria and Rosema in appreciating the beauty of the Filipino language.
Let the #WordHighJuly commence! “