photo by moi – full res version on Unsplash
Arriving as the light dies
Walking only with you
For what it’s worth, this particular image made me think of several already known lines:
The Eagles, Hotel California
“On a dark desert highway
Cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitis – Rising up through the air”
Horace Lorenzo Trim, Taps
“Day is done, gone the sun
From the lakes, from the hills, from the sky
All is well, safely rest – God is nigh”
Sonya inspires us and articulates these rules…..
- Take a look at the photo prompt and write three lines to go with it.
- Your lines can be poetry, micro-fiction, micro non-fiction, quotes you think fit the photo prompt or just a really long caption – everything goes as long as it’s three lines long (you decide how long one line is).
- A link back to this post would be nice (it’ll make me feel obliged to swing by yours to read your three lines, and some of your readers might want to join in, too – the more, the merrier, right?).
- Tag your post with 3LineTales – it’ll make it easier for others to find it in the Reader.
- Use the hashtag #3LineTales on Twitter or #3LineTales on Instagram if you’d rather not use your blog.
- Read other participants’ lines and let them know what you think of their work.
- If you want, post your three lines here in the comments (I think they’d look much better on your blog, though).
- If the photo inspires you to write something longer than three lines, put a link in the comments, anyway – but mention you went over, please.
- Have fun!